Selecting the best profile picture is of course important. And although your friends think it’s oh so funny seeing you throw up after that party last Saturday, you might want to not use that…
Use a a recent picture where you’re looking good, maybe even have a girl pick it out for you. She will know what will be your best profile picture. Consider picking a picture doing sports or being around women – that’ll make you look pre-selected and that’s not a minus.
- SMILE and look into the camera
- NOT smile and look away from the camera
- Be around friends, other girls etc, but preferably alone
- Look active
- Put on a weird face
- Blur or crop out other people in the profile picture. It’s like saying that this is the ONLY decent picture ever taken of you, so you had to cut out your friend or X-girlfriend (even worse!).
- Put on your flirty-face and look away from the camera.
Notice that if you put on a “flirty face”, then you get more response by NOT having eye contact with the camera. This is the exact opposite if you’re looking away from the camera with a flirty face – I think this must be down to looking mysterious?
Results from “OKcupid” who specializes in online dating:
ONE photo doesn’t do it, though. There’s is a big opportunity to come across as attractive if you play it well.
1 – Start: Dating guide!
2 – Adding the “correct” Facebook photo albums!
3 – Fine tune your basic profile information
4 – Browse some Facebook dating applications
5 – How to start a conversation
7 – Time to be interesting
8 – You should start to build raport
9 – Now, take it offline!